Confidence

11:50 a.m.

Confidence. If you have it, you can make anything look good. I'd like to believe that the women who wear my clothes are not dressing for other people, that they're wearing what they like and what suits them. It's not a status thing. Design and style should work toward making you look good and feel good without a lot of effort so you can get on with the things that matter. Design is a series of creative choices - it's a collaborative effort, an evolutionary process. You choose your fabrics depending upon what you want to say, then you work with mills to get those fabrics. Through the process, you realize what you want it to be. Fashion is to please your eye. Shapes and proportions are for your intellect.
Fashion can be this mysterious thing that you can't explain. I didn't consider myself a fashion designer at all at the time of punk. I was just using fashion as a way to express my resistance and to be rebellious. I came from the country, and by the time I got to London, I considered myself to be very stupid. It was my ambition to understand the world I live in. A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. War taught me that not everything is glamorous. I get ideas about what's essential when packing my suitcase.
The important thing is to take your time and not get stressed. I've treated the waistcoat as if it were a corset, so that it becomes the first layer in the process of putting clothes on the body. There is constant motion between layering and revealing. You have a more interesting life if you wear impressive clothes. It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic, by fashion. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.

You Might Also Like

1 comentarios

  1. There is constant motion between layering and revealing. You have a more interesting life if you wear impressive clothes. It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic, by fashion. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.

    ResponderBorrar

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe